B’nai B’rith International
B’nai B’rith World Center Jerusalem
The B’nai B’rith World Center-Jerusalem is the hub of B’nai B’rith International (est. 1843) activities in Israel, serving for over thirty years as the key link between Israel and B’nai B’rith members and supporters around the world. Through its myriad educational programs and well-established relationships with political leaders across the spectrum, with the diplomatic corps and with leading academic institutions, the World Center strengthens Israel-Diaspora relations, fortifies Israel’s sovereignty in Jerusalem and interprets developments concerning the Jewish state for B’nai B’rith members and Israel supporters.
The establishment of the World Center was B’nai B’rith’s poignant response to the August 1980 U.N. Security Council Resolution 487 that called on all member states to remove their diplomatic missions from Jerusalem.
The World Center – one of the first representative offices of any major international Jewish organization established in Israel – is an ongoing expression of B’nai B’rith’s active dedication to the State of Israel and the city of Jerusalem. It is a continuation of B’nai B’rith’s commitment to Jewish renaissance in Eretz Israel that began in 1888 with the establishment of the Jerusalem Lodge.