How B’nai B’rith Operates
BBUK is a division of BB International based in Washington. We mainly operate as a network of Lodges or Groups each with its own programme of diverse activities tailored to the interests of the group. These can include discussions, speakers, theatre outings, dining groups, rambles, cultural visits and musical events.
Each Lodge has a President and an organising committee (Council), which arranges the programme and looks after the finances.
Also we have National Members who join to support BBUK’s humanitarian and charitable projects.
Members pay an annual subscription, which is passed to BBUK head office.
Funds raised for charitable projects go directly to the charity via head office.
B'nai B'rith Core Objectives
The Core Objectives of B’nai B’rith UK
- To foster friendship through social, cultural and recreational programmes
- To support the State of Israel and world Jewry
- To work for charitable endeavours
- To initiate and develop community projects
- To strengthen B’nai B’rith links across Europe
How the Core Objectives are Manifested
- Raises money for the feed a hungry family programme in Qiryat Gat, Israel
- Supports a medical programme for elderly and sick Jews and Righteous Gentiles in Kiev, Ukraine
- Provides a social framework through its Lodge structure
- Organises the European Days of Jewish Culture & Heritage in the UK
- Operates BBUK’s London Bureau of International Affairs which engages with the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and foreign embassies on behalf of Jews, Israel and minority people globally
- Supports an annual weekend for the Armed Forces Jewish Community
- Supports leadership development within BBYO
- Provides scholarships for Jewish engineering undergraduates
- Supports appeals for help from Jewish and non-Jewish causes around the world